Sunday, December 21, 2008

Barack and Rick???

So I don’t know about President-Elect Obama inviting Rick Warren to give the opening prayer at the inauguration. To me it seems pretty inappropriate for the first black president to invite a speaker that another minority group finds so inappropriate (There are other evangelicals he could have invited). I think President-Elect Obama is trying to make some kind of statement by doing this -I think everything he does is well thought out and has a message-and I don’t think this statement is inclusiveness. And President-Elect Obama didn’t mind making this statement at the expense of the LGBT. The whole thing is like pouring salt over open wounds after the passage of Proposition 8. On a brighter side California Attorney General Jerry Brown (and former governor of our wants Golden State) has asked that the California Supreme Court invalidate Proposition 8. Jerry Brown is a politician that wants to see something different and is not afraid to stand up against the crowd he has shown this throughout his entire long political career. Here is his official gubernatorial portrait and it says a lot about him:





On a persoanlly note after the Rick Warren thing it is hard for me to keep my mouth shut and people are starting to wonder what is going on in my head.

No comments: